Shakti Shalini is Hiring a Counselor (Project-Based)! Open for Women Only, Apply Now!
Shakti Shalini is a Delhi based NGO founded in 1987 that responds to gender and sexual violence, discrimination, and inequality via survivor support services, preventative programs, educational enhancement, literary productions, and media outreach.
Job Status: Full Time, Monday to Friday, 10:00am-6:00pm
Job Title: Counselor, Crisis Intervention and Counseling Centre (CICC), Shakti Shalini
Salary: ₹30,000 per month.
Job Duration: December, 2020 – April, 2021 (Project Duration)
The primary reporting person of the counselor will be the Coordinator: Crisis Intervention and Counseling Centre, and secondary reporting person will be the Manager: Response Mechanisms.
Counseling and Shakti Shalini:
The role of a counselor at Shakti Shalini is to support survivors of gender-based violence across India in a holistic manner. Each survivor is provided a counselor who must facilitate them through counseling, crisis intervention, mental and physical healthcare, family planning, legal counseling and litigation aid, shelter, rehabilitation and reintegration (education/ skills training/ earning/ housing aid), and follow-up. The counselor uses their own skills to conduct counseling sessions with survivors and through them plans interventions as per the choices of the survivor and facilitated them to receive all other support services via Shakti Shalini’s various partnerships with other organisations and companies, and through government bodies and law enforcement systems. The focus of the counselor is to treat every survivor with empathy, understanding and dignity, provide an environment of safety, stability, and consistency, promote their self-awareness and self-determination, and facilitate them in their journeys without judgment and as per their individual choices.
The counselor required will be part of a new project focussed on integrating family planning with intimate partner violence support at Shakti Shalini. The project duration concludes in April, 2021 as does the employment tenure. The organisation will attempt its best to fundraise in order to retain the counselor post the project closure and there is probability for the same. However, as this cannot be guaranteed and so please apply accordingly.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Counselor:
1. Counsel survivors of gender/ sexual violence, as assigned by the Response Manager or CICC Coordinator, via phone, whatsapp, or in person, in the form of single or multiple sessions as required.
2. Support survivors of gender/ sexual violence as required in accessing various support services such as shelter, legal aid, mental/ physical healthcare, family planning, education/ skills training/ earning opportunities, housing.
3. Visit survivors at their homes or accompany them to courts, hospitals, clinics, shelters, offices, as required.
4. Support Response Manager and CICC Coordinator in responding on Shakti Shalini’s helpline functional between 10am-6pm, Monday to Friday, as required.
5. Provide major support to CICC in documentation, collation, as well as graphic representation of quantitative and qualitative data as per existing formats particularly in relation to the Family Planning and Intimate Partner Violence (FP-IPV) project.
6. Primarily responsible for making and finalising the reports for the FP-IPV project.
7. Conduct Family Planning needing identification amongst 250 intimate partner violence survivors supported by Shakti Shalini in coordination with the Response Manager and CICC Coordinator.
8. Maintain a non-judgmental, empathetic, understanding, approach in all communication with survivors.
9. Work in coordination with CICC, the entire Response Team, and the extended organisation team.
10. Participate in all pan organisation activities/ meetings/ events.
1. Hindi reading, writing, and speaking.
2. Basic English reading, speaking, and understanding.
3. Able to carry out quantitative and qualitative documentation, collate data, and compile reports effectively for quick submissions.
4. Committed to gender equality, to addressing violence and abuse, psycho-social well brain, and to intersectional grassroots activism, as a life purpose.
5. Creative, sensitive, non-judgmental, hardworking, team-worker, independent.
6. Self-reflexive and open to feedback.
7. Capable of maintaining composure in situations of stress and crisis.
Academic: The candidate must have a postgraduate degree in counseling/ social work/ psychology or an allied subject, preferably, with a focus on women/ gender.
Work experience: Must have a minimum of one year of full time work experience.
Joining Date: Tentatively 7th December, 2020.
How to Apply:
To apply, we would request you to submit the following to three documents to [email protected]:
2. A cover letter
3. An assessment form (to be downloaded, filled, and attached in the email). Click here to download the form.
Application deadline: 25th November, 2020
The interview will take place in the first week of December. Exact date will be specified subsequently.
To know more about Shakti Shalini, please visit shaktishalini.org
Please share with interested individuals!