We Are Looking for a Project Coordinator! Apply Now
Shakti Shalini is Hiring a Project Coordinator for Skills Development and Artivism, Prevention of Gender/ Sexual Violence.
Shakti Shalini is a Delhi-based NGO founded in 1987 that responds to gender and sexual violence, discrimination, and inequality via survivor support services, preventative programs, educational enhancement, literary productions, and media outreach. To know more about us, visit: shaktishalini.org
Job Status: Full Time, Monday to Friday, 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Job Title: Coordinator, Skills Development and Artivism, Shakti Shalini.
Salary: Rs. 40,000 per month.
About the Projects:
Skills Development for Combating Violence and Artivism, Art for Activism, are two sister projects conducted by Shakti Shalini with the purpose of prevention of gender and sexual violence. The projects deploy skills training (computers, cutting and tailoring, beauty culture, notebook making, English language, life skills) and arts (theatre, photography, dance, music, creative writing, fine art) as activities that facilitate, on the one hand, skilling, employability, and economic independence, and on the other hand, therapeutic impact, expression, sharing, debate, critical thinking, and activism. The projects are implemented at Kushalta Vikas Kendra (KVK), our community centre, which is supporting more than a hundred participants, specifically survivors of gender/ sexual violence, and socio-economically marginalised women, youth, and adolescent girls and boys who come from nearby communities that Shakti Shalini works with. A network of trainers, volunteers, interns, and well-wishers come together to actualise the vision of KVK, which is to build a safe and empowering space within which skills are learn, expression is free, norms are critiqued, and solidarities are built.
The Coordinator of Skills Development and Artivism will be expected to keep intact the present holistic, empowering, solidarity-driven, inclusive, and democratic environment of Kushalta Vikas Kendra, and build on it to further actualise the vision of the sister-projects. She/ he/ they will be expected to carry out end-to-end management of the project on a daily basis and be fully committed to it. This is a hands-on role that is demanding, challenging, and dynamic.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Coordinator:
1. Actualise the vision of the sister projects: Skills Development for Combating Violence and Artivism, Art for Activism
2. Coordinate and lead a team of full-time trainers, part-time teachers, volunteers, and interns who are responsible for implementing activities.
3. Coordinate with partner organisations, groups, collectives, students projects who are responsible for implementing activities.
4. Make sure the entire team consisting of all of the above is well coordinated, led, and guided with attention, investment, sensitivity, and commitment.
5. Ensure that all skills and Artivism activities of KVK are formally designed in a manner to promote awareness, empathy, equality, inclusivity, expression, and critical thought.
5. Manage the day to day functioning of the centre such as ensuring all activities are well-scheduled, running on time, have required resources, and so on.
6. Ensure that all quantitative and qualitative documentation of the projects is always up to date and of good quality.
7. Collate and compile all daily/ weekly/ monthly documentation handed over by field teams.
8. Ensure quarterly reports are submitted to the organisation and all reporting requirements of funders and partners is duly completed.
9. Implement the existing monitoring and evaluation systems in the project across all regular activities.
10. The prevention of gender/ sexual violence program at Shakti Shalini consists of three projects – Community Outreach, KVK, and Artivism. Thus, KVK and Artivism have to work very closely with Community Outreach in order to form a cohesive whole. The community outreach project is focussed on mobilising residents of five Socio-economically communities (located nearby to KVK) for gender equality. Most of the participants at KVK come from these communities. This, the coordinator will be required to work closely with community outreach teams in order to solicit and follow-up with participants from the communities, jointly plan awareness/ sensitisation sessions, surveys and research, events and camps, etc.
11. Supervise or mentor interns and volunteers keen on working in KVK with investments and care.
12. Represent the skills development and Artivism work of the organisation at public platforms and to other organisations.
13. Envision the expansion and growth of the projects and build new partnerships/ alliances to actualise the same.
14. Ensure clear communication with the finance team for systematic reception and expenditure of project funds as per allocated budgets.
15. Participate in all pan-organisation trainings, meetings, and events.
1. Basic reading, writing, and speaking.
2. Good English reading, writing, and speaking.
3. Committed to gender equality as a life purpose.
4. Committed to grassroots work as a life purpose.
5. Well organised with good time management abilities.
6. Hardworking and self-motivated.
7. Good leadership skills implemented with empathy, sensitivity, non-judgmental approach, creativity, and boundaries.
8. Self-reflexive and open to feedback.
9. Capable of maintaining composure in situations of stress and crisis.
10. Patient with the process of social change and a good team worker.
Academic: Post-graduation (preferably in related subjects such as social work, gender studies, or any social science subjects)
Work experience: Minimum two years of full time work experience (preferably in related fields within the social or development sector and/ or as an artist/ activist/ educator and so on)
Joining Date: Tentatively 1st January, 2022.
How to apply: Please fill and submit this form (ensure CV is attached): https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeF1ED_vqqZ5Dp0u9jjnO2FKxZbaqP4L7KHvTto6fpqeYtZIQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
Application deadline: 17th December, 2021
The interview will take place either on 21st or 22nd of December, 2021. The exact date will be shared by 18th December.
Please share with interested individuals!